Who Said That?
"We are in Queenstown, New Zealand, and I gotta say God really outdid himself down here. This place is fantastic."
- The Biggest Loser TV show trainer Bob Harper, February 2011
"It's my idea of what heaven would be, it's a stunning place."
- Tracker actor Ray Winstone, 2011
“It’s such a beautiful town. The drive from the airport to our accommodation in Fernhill was stunning and a real highlight for me. We’ve had a seriously good time here and I’m eager to get more information about coming back, whether that’s for a visit, vacation, work or maybe to buy. I’m definitely keeping my eyes open for property in the area.”
- New York Yankees baseball superstar Curtis Granderson, January 2011
“Queenstown has lived up to my expectations as the ‘adrenalin capital’ - it's great, everybody here seems to be on a high and enjoying the environment and everything it brings."
- Ex Springboks captain Bobby Skinstad, July 2010
“Everything that appeals to me about NZ is around this area. I love the outdoors, I fly in the mountains, that’s what I enjoy, waterskiing, lakes. I think it epitomises what NZ’s all about. If you want people to come and see what NZ has to offer, you come to Queenstown and Wanaka.”
- All Blacks captain Richie McCaw, December 2010
"Queenstown is one of the most beautiful places I have visited. The landscape is spectacular and very diverse... The people are extremely warm and friendly and I love the food!"
- I Hate Luv Storys actress Sonam Kapoor, 2010
“Everyone should know how amazing Queenstown is – if there was one place in the world I’d say to visit, it’s here.”
- US reality TV star Jason Mesnick from The Bachelor. Jason proposed to Molly Malaney in Queenstown, November 2009
"...little bit of heaven"
- British media personality Sharon Osbourne, May 2008
"No-one needs an excuse to visit Queenstown and the surrounding lakes region. It offers some of the most exciting adventure tourism, spectacular scenery, exceptional hospitality and unique experiences to be found anywhere in the world."
- Former New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark, July 2005
“What’s relevant for the ageing bungy jumper is that five-star adventures can also be found in the clear, fresh alpine air of Queenstown.”
- Travel writer Margaret Turton, The West Australian, October 2005
“You could say awe-inspiring, or stunning but to be honest, there just aren’t good enough words to describe this. It’s like being lifted on angel’s wings. Heaven should look like this: it’s that beautiful!”
- British TV presenter Nick Knowles, BBC Departure Lounge, July 2005
“From the teen perspective, New Zealand is one big, green theme park.”
- Print editor and writer Janne Apelgren, Australian Family Circle, Sept 2005
"Whenever I get stressed I just want to hop on a plane to Queenstown."
- Actor John Travolta, July 2001
“I recall sitting in Queenstown against the mountain range aptly titled The Remarkables and feeling I was actually living the books. It was like Tolkien had walked across New Zealand.”
- The Lord of the Rings actor Sean Astin (who played hobbit Sam Ganges), 2000
“Breathtaking... I wish I had weeks to spend here… everyone was just gasping when we saw the landscape. It’s so beautiful.”
- Former US President Bill Clinton, on a presidential visit in 1999
“I went to Queenstown and honestly you have the most beautiful country in the world. Those scenic views were literally breathtaking. That ride down to Queenstown when I saw those vistas I thought 'Oh my God – this is where God lives'."
- Actor John Travolta, 1999